Empowering women is a foundational staple we want to consistently nurture at Sheadence.
Exploring and celebrating the beauty that comes from our blended heritage is another.
These are two of the many reasons we were excited to partner with Madrasfuse, to have products made by them, using recycled sari's. Their vision and values are very much aligned to what's important to us.
Madrasfuse vision is a world in which women workers can enjoy secure and sustainable livelihoods, fulfil their potential and decide on their future.
To fulfil this vision, they have identified three long-term goals:
- Make trade fair
- Empower small producers and workers
- Foster sustainable livelihoods.
Values and principles :
- Payment of living wage
- Good working conditions
- Capacity building
- No child labour or forced labour
- Life skills training
- Counselling support for women who come from traumatised backgrounds.
As an enterprise they follow social, economic and environmental standards recommended by Fairtrade.
- All fabrics are sourced from local artisans in India or it is industrial waste.
- The women in Mumbai are rescued from human trafficking, and thus providing a sustainable livelihood for them is vital.
- Women in Chennai come from marginalised communities.
- All the women are paid fair wages and provided decent working conditions.
• all things natural
• indulgence in selfcare – mind & body
• discovering, blending and expressing Ghanaian and Indian culture
• creating a legacy for Safia, the ultimate expression of our blended heritage
To build a business in a way that
~ celebrates our blended heritage
~ uses all natural & healthy ingredients
~ uplifts and empowers others